Thursday, November 22, 2007

Yin and Yang

Samuel is dead. The cause: a sweet sweet drowning in my honey. I am finally over my grief and guilt on this, but only because another rodent has stolen my heart.

J.F is a new friend I saw on the couch we have on the porch yesterday. At first I though he was a chipmunk, but he was too big and had no stripe. I then assumed he was a normal ol' grey squirrel. But, it turns out he is a Tamiasciurus hudsonicus. An American RED squirrel.

J.F is stealing the couch stuffing to make a nest somewhere. And I could not be happier! An excellent example of how animals adapt to human presence, a topic I study here in Academia. Right on our porch! J.F is adorable. The first red squirrel I have ever seen! Here is a picture of a red squirrel(it is not as adorable as the real thing!):

5 comments:

purplehousenorthampton said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

purplehousenorthampton said...

that so cuuuuuuuuuute

purplehousenorthampton said...

p.s. what does j.f. stand for?

purplehousenorthampton said...

btw I know I should have posted these all under the same post

Farm in a Cart said...

John Fitzgerald. Like our red haired president!