Wednesday, December 12, 2007

sir i wanna buy these shoes

So, I have been gone a lot and will continue to be gone for another while. It's weird to be spending so much time traveling, but it's also refreshing.

I would like to point out an omission to the recently watched movies list: Cool Hand Luke

Also, did anyone return 1984 and ATPM? If not, I guess I owe late fees.

I am in a slow state of mind. Few words are emerging that are of any use. I ate a mushroom pizza and thought about John Cage because he loved mushrooms more than just about anything, probably including music.

Also, and finally, I heard a song called 'christmas shoes' or something like that on the radio. i am nominating it for worst song ever, bar none. It's the story of a dirty little poor boy who goes to the store on christmas eve to buy his mom a pair of shoes. And then we find out the the mom is dying and might even die that very night. Instead of being with her, the boy is buying her shoes. She's on her deathbed, never to rise again, and he's buying shoes that he can't even afford. At one point has to ask the man behind him in line for money so he can get his mom shoes so that she can "look beautiful if [she] meets Jesus tonight". Also it is horribly sung and poorly orchestrated. I highly encourage searching for it.

Best wishes and happy holidays,
Ben

1 comment:

Tara said...

Ben, I know the Christmas Shoes song so well. My mom and I listen to the Christmas music stations in the car from Thanksgiving on, mainly in the hopes of hearing that song. It's a rare gem, but when it does come on we absolutely pee our pants. I'm glad you've discovered it.

Enjoy the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNsvE33pRSw