Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I'm in sunny Kentucky right now, getting ready to bike around and get a gift for my brother who wasn't here yesterday. That's right, biking!

Kudos to Ben for getting his book published! So far, I have had nothing published, unless you consider the posts I've made at this website. Though I wouldn't consider these meandering musings to be "published."

I am reading "Silent Spring" right now, the book about the use of DDT and other pesticides and the way we were poisoning our environment. I can't even fathom it, but in the 1950s they used to use airplanes to douse millions of acres with insecticides. In order to kill the bull weevel they would just kill everything! Absurd!

I wonder how much DDT and other chlorinated hydrocarbons I have in my fat cells. That shit stays in you for a very long time, and I know that it hasn't been used in years, but how long does it take to break down? Styrofoam will last practically forever!

I embark on my cross-country trip in a week and a half, and so am just reading and rhyming and stealing.

By the way, if anyone offers to show you a video called "Two girls, one cup" absolutely do not watch it. I was duped into it by a friend one night, and regret it. It's like in the aristocrats, "The Joke", the terrible joke, the joke that everyone hates and is wretched. Well this is the incarnation of the joke in movie form.

And so with that holiday warning, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! Ho ho ho!

No comments: