Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reviews

In honor of my favorite valley publication, I plan to review all movies and wines i experience.

1) HEAD- The monkees film. Amazing, though i would have liked more inter-personal characterization. I guess that is what the tv show is good for. Michael Nezmith has fallen from grace, but boy was he good in that movie. Frank Zappa!

2) Harvey Krumpet- Oh boy. Made me miss my family.

3) 1984- Pan. PASS. Made in 1984, kind of a gag. I am sure that it could have been made into a better movie, such an amazing book. The future is a boot stomping on a human face over and over forever.

4) All the Presidents Men- We need more Muckrakers. We need more Dustin Hoffmen. This movie made me HUNGRY FOR THE TRUTH.

5) American Gangster- This movie did not live up to itself. Good acting, great even, but not very memorable. Also, a quick look at the true story on Wikipedia was a let down. No one is that charming.

6) The Graduate- Yup. I would watch this again. How timely. Plastics, good call.

7) Monty Python and the Holy Grail- Jeesus. How did I ever like this?


Than.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
Dennis: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
King Arthur: Bloody peasant!
Dennis: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

Farm in a Cart said...

ok- After the first 25 minutes, this movie gets bad. That is a genius scene. As is bring out your dead.